Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Unconventional

“My! You are…
Different,
Unusual,
Unfamiliar.”

Am I an alien
Misplaced
on a planet not my own?

My appearance,
Not so different
from those around me.

So, what makes me so
Foreign?

Is it my
Disdain
for conformity?
Surely it cannot be thus!
I am
Kind,
Gentle,
Loving,
Giving,
Caring,
Hence, I am among many
Model citizens.

Or is it
My ability to see
To see beyond
The palpable,
The paltry?

To see and to know
That life
Is more than
Mere objects
To be
Bought
Sold
Collected.

If life
upon this world
has been reduced
to mere
Accumulation
To conformity of the
Soul,
the spirit,
I am
Without doubt,
An alien,
To my core.

If the character of life
upon this world
Is expressed through
Avarice,
Materialism,
And conformity
that crushes the soul
And the spirit of all,
Yet speaks of love,
then makes even this wonder
Complex…

I am indeed a
Misplaced Alien.



Written and copyrighted by,
K. William Spencer
02 August 2011

1 comment:

  1. Neeraja NimmagaddaAugust 3, 2011 at 6:02 PM

    wow! very lovely and deep thinking thoughts of you...really mean something we all have to think..:))) spove to you, Kirk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you in advance for your comment, however all comments will need approval. All comments that are positive wiil be posted, including positive criticisms.

Thank you once again for your comments and I hope you're sharing this blog with others that like my poetry!